Sunday, March 1, 2009

Hong Kong Sunday p.1 -- Big Buddha

I ferried this morning out to Lantau Island to see this alleged "Big Buddha". Avid Reader, I've seen NOTHING more awesome in my entire life. 100% awe-spiring. No joke.

Lantau Peak was covered in fog so Tian Tan Buddha was hard to appreciate as you could only see this 34m statue up close. However, every now and again, the fog would briefly clear, and I could catch a glimpse. It was nothing short of a spectacle. Best, I was able to get up to the mountain before the gates opened, so was one of the first few with an uncongested hike up the 250 steps to see this amazing statue emerge from the misty mountains. Awesome, Avid Reader. Just awesome.



Having ferried over and bussed up, I caught the cable car down. I may have simply wrapped my head in a white sheet for the trip as I was completely enveloped in fog the entire way down the mountain. At lower elevations, I was able to capture the airport and a small Hong Kong village (HA!). And since it was an adventure, I was able to have a good time gearing up for Hong Kong Sunday p.2!

1 comment:

toddderrick said...

Hi there. Todd here. Just to comment on the last photo before the world makes reference. Yes, you are witnessing the fruit of a karaoke mishap on the front tooth. Occupational hazard of working in Japan. Just sayin'.