Tuesday, March 24, 2009

March Madness!

I had the incredible opportunity to hit Portland and enjoy my first ever NCAA Men's Tournament games. Best, Avid Reader, I got to watch the Washington Huskies and the Gonzaga Bulldogs!! In addition to making all of my NW friends super jealous, I will continue to do so by saying we had amazing seats altogether... and based on strategic selling of the first two sessions, went to the game (and parked!) for free!

Sadly, UW lost to Purdue 74-76, after an uninspired first half and an emotional second period. I'm convinced that had they had two more minutes on the clock, the Huskies would have moved on to the Sweet 16!

In the nightcap, Gonzaga beat Western Kentucky, but had to do so with a driving layin with 0.9 seconds left on the clock. WKU may have been the best surprise of the tournament -- with guards who could light it up from any spot on the court regardless of defense. Even Gonzaga fans were cheering when WKU scored as every shot was seemingly impossible to hit, yet they drained threes left and right. Loved it!

My sister Laura scored awesome seats, we didn't pay out a penny, we got to watch some awesome basketball and cheer for our team in the NCAA tournament second round. How much more awesome of a weekend can one have?!

No comments: