Saturday, June 20, 2009

Max

I got an incredible surprise this past week when a blast from the past reached out on Facebook to tell me his band was playing one-night-only in Seattle. Amy Weaver & I made it to the Central Saloon to catch Whiskey Hill Blues Band and I got to spend some time catching up with one of my favorite SEP campers of all time, Max Ghenis.

I think the last time I saw Max was at his bar mitzvah in Eugene. I saw him enter his teens 9+ years ago and this week, got to see Max the Man. Having grown up, having graduated from Berekely, and now having the time of his life, we enjoyed Thai at Kerry Park and caught up after too many years. He's become an awesome human being altogether and has completely shed his Shell of Shy. He was a RockStar on stage, an awesome conversationalist over lunch, and an incredible treat to see again altogether!

1 comment:

Tia said...

So cool! Love it. Max is a MAN!
SEP must be starting up soon, eh? I can hear the engines revin', George is packing up his Uke.....:O)