Thursday, July 15, 2010

King of the World

Good morning, Avid Reader.

It's early Friday morning and I'm sitting in an empty Microsoft office with thoughts of the two weeks swirling in my head as I try to think through how to summarize my time here. In as quickly as my trip is coming to a close and in as many things as I need to tie up before I leave the office (4hr countdown!), I'm so very content and still -- a most comforting paradox.

I credit my morning routine: what might be the world's best commute. The photos below are those I took this morning as I strolled through Green Park and her massive trees, by what I'm convinced is The Lamp Post that inspired C.S.Lewis' first glimpse of the magical kingdom of Narnia, and past a desolate -- and even so much more regal because of it -- Buckingham Palace plaza. The Queen of England lives here, you say? Pu-SHAW! I am the King of the World! At least I was on my commute this morning.



Oh, London, my London.
I will miss you so.
*sigh*

2 comments:

Tia said...

Those are some lovely tree pics, friend. Esp. the top one-how gorge!

Tia said...

That first shady tree picture? AMAZING! I can see why leaving was hard.