Saturday, November 6, 2010

Lazy Saturday

Today is the first day in well over two weeks that I had no obligation. No plane to catch. No job to get to. No schedule to keep. And I so needed it.

After work last night, I ventured out to East Putney to enjoy dinner with my dear friends Brian, Kirsten & Tess Hennigan (the latter whose first birthday is in two weeks!). I made it home late and slept in this morning even later. HEAVEN.

I enjoyed a super slow morning here at the hotel, then enjoyed a trek to the mayhem that is Borough Market, one of the largest food markets in the world. I must tell you, Avid Reader, even as one of the largest, it still wasn't large enough as it was PACKED. One could argue that the masses of people were my worst nightmare, but the sights and smells and stalls were incredible and I enjoyed nearly every moment.

Later, Brian Hennigan arrived with Tess and we enjoyed a pint at The Market Porter before heading to nearby to The George Inn for more beverages with some of his friends. Oh, and it just happens to have been serving the local community for the past three... HUNDRED... years. ARE YOU KIDDING ME?! Anyhoo, Brian had to head home to get Tess to nap, and I ultimately ended up hanging out a bit longer, enjoying laughs with his buddies Mark and Frank. A good time altogether!

And now I'm back at the hotel, packing up for tomorrow's obligation: my flight to Milan for two days of work in our Italy office. My journey is coming to a quick conclusion... and I'm home to Copperlicious soon!

No comments: