Sunday, November 7, 2010

Milan. Well, I tried!

Buongiorno from Milan! This trip wouldn't be this trip without yet another flight and a continued swollen ankle. This time, I find myself in Italia!

After checking in to the hotel, I took a chance with the weather and headed out -- sans umbrella, mind you -- on the Milan subway to try to find Santa Maria delle Grazie and visit one of the most famous (& controversial) works of art in the world, Leonardo da Vinci's 'The Last Summer'.

Unfortunately, by the time I arrived (~3PM), they were sold out of tickets for the afternoon. Keep in mind that after 21 years of restoration and in a hope to keep this masterpiece around for... ever... they allow only 25 visitors every 15 minutes. Alas that I did not get in, but was OH SO close! I'll plan better next go!

Oh, and when I walk by the umbrellas available for use in the hotel lobby, I'll take one. Hello DRENCHED!

No comments: