Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Tokyo, Round II

Greetings from Japan!

I arrived via an uneventful flight yesterday afternoon and enjoyed a somewhat uneventful train into Tokyo. Interestingly, I was joined on my flight by my colleage Carrie McClinton (left), as well as a handful of other folks from Microsoft making their way to Tokyo for a Digital Readiness Conference here this week.

We checked in to the hotel, met some key agency players in the hotel bar, then enjoyed the craziest dinner I've had in a long time in a place I could not get back to to save my life. One of the 14 of us had some Japanese language skills so ordered "water, beer, food, cheap" for everyone. We were then treated to a 15-course meal of raw squid, tempura'd everything, and one of the tastiest tempura plums in a yogurt/jam dipping sauce!

Photos to come as I didn't capture the squid and am having trouble uploading photos this morning. In the meantime, all is well in Asia (well, at least in my little bubble of it)!

No comments: