Sunday, October 19, 2008

Spring Awakening in the Fall!

Good morning, Avid Reader! While I'm not in Asia, I'm still able to have adventures and thought I'd provide an update of my most excellent and productive weekend.

I'll start with last night as I got to see 'Spring Awakening' again, this time at Seattle's Paramount Theater! I joined my friends John Barr, Arlene Martin and Charles Newton to revisit one of the most outstanding Broadway shows I've seen in years. It didn't disappoint -- and in many ways was better than the show on stage in NYC! A definite highlight... in addition to dinner at Six Arms and time with old friends.

Charles also helped me mount my television on the wall in my living room! A 3.5-year-old task, I'm thrilled with the fruits of our labor and now may even be tempted to watch TV! Alas, Project Runway has run its course, but there's always college basketball right around the corner!

Other weekend highlights:
- It was BEAUTIFUL! Colors are changing. The air is crisp. No rain!
- I got to see the Paulsons off to Boston Friday evening and see Jace for a bit before their East Coast adventure.
- Picked up 'The Crowd' from artist Edward Ancher Larson -- a piece of art I'm previewing before I make the investment plunge. It's my way of helping the economy, that's how I'm looking at it!
- Enjoyed lunch and the Husky game on TV with John & Amy Weaver. The Huskies lost. Again. Sad.
- Talked to Grover Brooks, an old and incredibly special family friend who is battling cancer and who will be in Seattle for treatment soon. I'm hoping to get to see/entertain Grover & Pat while they are here!
- The Weavers stayed over Saturday night where we "cooked" dinner, enjoyed cards, and UNO Attack! courtesy of the Entertaining Australians! What a hoot!
- Stacey Dozono and Staci Imwali prepared an amazing breakfast Sunday morning. Thanks friends!

So, an awesome weekend altogether. It's definitely fall -- my favorite time of year!

No comments: