Sunday, December 7, 2008

Jace Celebrates

We celebrated Jace's First Birthday this weekend... with presents and balloons and an amazing PLATYPUS CAKE! In a secretly pleasing announcement months ago, Steph Paulson said she wanted to shape Jace's Birthday Cake in honor of one of Jace's favorite toys: "Hodge Podge", the stuffed platypus I brought Jace from Australia this summer. And she did! Jace et al. dove in to an edible platypus cake for his first birthday and we enjoyed an awesome afternoon watching kiddos play with kiddo toys.

And inasmuch as I enjoyed every moment of the day, my favorite (oddly, you may think) came when I had to leave: Jace saw me go... and got upset! Through tears, I got waves and kisses blown through the glass door -- and beamed on the other side. A platypus cake and Jace wanting me to stay. I mean, are you kidding me?! What a birthday.

No comments: