Sunday, December 21, 2008

Snowed In!

There's going to be a white Christmas in Seattle! And from the sound of what's to come, I'll be watching it come and go from the comfort of my townhouse! Indeed, Avid Reader, Seattle has seen more snow in the past two days than I think I've seen in my 17 years in Seattle... flakes as large as I remember from my youth in the Blue Mountains; silence only a unifying snow can create; joyous and friendly neighbors that the holidays and a beautiful world always bring.

Of course, all of the snow and its commitment to keeping cars off the roads allowed us to enjoy the hills of the Maple Leaf neighborhood on Sunday. There's nothing like an old school sled and a one year old trying to figure out if he enjoys the winter or not. Let's just say we may have to wait until next Christmas to get Jace truly jazzed about the white stuff!

Happy Holidays and a warm, white Christmas to you and yours!

1 comment:

Tia said...

Looks like Portlandia there. Enjoy!