Monday, October 5, 2009

George Kerrick!


Inasmuch as the entire weekend was one highlight after another, the icing on the highlight cake was getting to see and spend time with George Kerrick! George is one of the campers who attended the Summer Enrichment Program at the University of Oregon who I got to know pretty well and with whom I’ve been able to keep in touch throughout the years.

I think I’ve seen George twice since my last year at camp (summer 1999), George has now grown into a man… and an incredible human being. He recently moved back to Caldwell from having lived in France for a couple of years and is teaching choir, band, and marching band to gregarious high schoolers in Homedale, ID. While not where he thought he’d land, George is making the most of it, rocking what he’s up to, and positively affecting lives one instrument-wielding teenager at a time.

You’re awesome, Big Buddy G!

No comments: