Friday, March 5, 2010

TGIF - Singapore Style

I can't tell you how excited I was that yesterday was Friday. It had been a long week altogether and after the 4hr training I led from 2-6PM yesterday in the Singapore office, I literally felt my body shutting down. (Nothing an ice cold beer with friends didn't fix though! Just sayin'.)

After work, Michelle & I met friends Jodie & Kai Huang for a stroll along the downtown waterfront to the Singapore Merlion as well as to a local for large adult beverages and snacks. Many photos ensued (of course) and we had a great time catching up.

Our Happy Hour continued into dinner at a Hawker Market nearby to our hotel. We met Stephen Dolan, walked (read: sweated our way) to the market, then enjoyed being accosted to sit in this section or that by the local proprietors. The stars must have aligned as we settled on a stall who's owner was dressed to please my dear friend Jesse Paulson.

We enjoyed four hulking prawns, a hulking crab (white pepper style) and many hulking adult beverages, and lots of laughs and conversation. Stephen & I vascillate between love & hate, so Michelle got to referee when she wasn't waving to locals and playing with her food (she was drunken and/or just extrememly happy; I'll let her have a combination of both this time...).

No comments: