Monday, May 24, 2010

Birthday Weekend

I had a great birthday weekend, Avid Reader. Thanks for asking! You might be wondering what a guy would do for his 37th big one... so let me tell you!

The weekend started off Man-Style with a Friday night pre-func at SportsCard, a local dive sports bar that serves cold pitchers and hosts some of the most colorful crowd on the planet. Beverages in system, Captain in coat, we hit the late showing of 'Iron Man 2' in IMAX and did our own IronMan impressions after. Awesome.

On the big day itself -- May 22 -- I started my birthday off right by getting to meet Brooklyn Nicole Baker... and wore the same sweatshirt (Go Huskies!) I did when I met her older brother Carson over two years ago! It's always a treat to get to see Lindsey, and then I got to spend the afternoon with her hubby MattBaker as we hit the Sounders match with our friends & colleagues Christian Dehart and Nate Tribble! As with all Sounders matches, we pre-func'd at Seattle's DoubleHeader Tavern in Pioneer Square. While the Sounders couldn't pull out a win for my birthday, Matt & Nate and Christian & I celebrated anyway with more time at the DoubleHeader before life beckoned us back to the world of responsibility (i.e. they all have kiddos!).

You might wonder how a birthday could get any better, but it did! After the match and some quality time with Copper, I met John & Amy Weaver and the Paulsons at my new favorite pizza joint: Turnpike Pizza at Green Lake. Hello Meatball Parmesan deliciousness! The Weavers got me a sweatshirt to compliment what will be an awesome summer tan as well as... um... a handerchief to assist with any robberies I might attempt this next year. :)

I will say this as I continue on this journey that is life... I'm not as well kept-up as I used to be, but the skin I'm in keeps getting stronger and I keep getting more comfortable in it. Best? My story keeps getting more colorful the more milestones I pass.

Avid Reader, I sure am thankful for the road on which I get to travel!

No comments: