Thursday, May 27, 2010

Parent Week

The Parents are here! The Parents are here!

Indeed, Avid Reader, my parents made the trek to Seattle -- Tucker in tow! -- to spend a few days in Seattle for my birthday and for some good old fashioned parent-kid time!

We enjoyed a Seattle sports double-header while they were here (in addition to a DoubleHeader pre-func, of course!): Seattle Mariners vs. Detroit Tigers and Seattle SoundersFC vs. Boca Juniors!

An afternoon game, we started our day at Safeco Field -- more late than anticipated as the parents ended up in Bothell after taking the wrong-way #41 bus. And yes, if you're asking, I gave -- and wrote down -- explicit instructions on how to navigate the King County Metro system. Also, they'd done it before! Anyhoo... after they finally made it downtown, we enjoyed Club Level seats provided by a friend and watched the M's come from behind for a win! Not that often do we see that in Safeco Field these days!

The parents must have been the lucky charm as later that night, we also enjoyed a Sounders triumph in their friendly against the Juniors by a score of 3-0! My friend Mike Sealy from the UK also joined, so we had a seasoned soccer fan and my futball virgin parents in our foursome. It wasn't the warmest of nights, but it was a hoot altogether and I think my parents gained an appreciation for a sport that just wasn't really a significant part of our world growing up!

In addition to the sports double-header, I also got to show them the city from atop the Smith Tower where I once worked and which was once the fourth tallest building in the world! Needless to say, it was an awesome week having them here and getting to show them my world. I always appreciate that the most!

Mom, Dad, it was awesome to have you here! Tucker, you too! Come back soon! (OK, not *that* soon, but soon!). :o)

No comments: