Monday, August 2, 2010

~ Pause ~

Rejoice in nature's gifts.

This was the message Alaska has left with me after an incredible long weekend in Sitka with my dear friend, Colette Nelson. This trip was a gift. Of clarity. Of nature's beauty. Of joy. And of friendship.

Instead of a prose rendition of my time in Sitka, I'll go Happy Thoughts* on you and share the things that made me smile this weekend and cause me to pause now to rejoice in the gifts:

Smelling Alaska air. Seeing my friend. Colette shouting in an crowded airport. Meeting Hannah. Enjoying small town dramas. Helping to set up Ludvig's. "Deadliest Catch"-ing it on a working (and full!) fishing boat. Dive bar Ernie's for frosty cold ones with Hannah. 'I Gotta Feelin' on the jukebox. Dinner at Ludvig's. After party in the restaurant & upstairs with Colette, Hannah, Scott, Clint, Jen & Nikki. Sleeping in & slow mornings. Hike in the rain. Waterfalls in the forest. Hanging out with Jason Shaffer. Working at Ludvig's! Serving the Bartell family & Dr. Keller. P-Bar. More jukebox selections. After party back @ Colette's with Nikki, John, Colette, Hannah, Dana & Brian. Really sleeping in! Walks through Sitka. Two chicks' burgers. More hiking. More waterfalls -- this time with photos. Colette just whipping dinner together. Slow nights in. Hannah playing guitar right now. Feeling a world away. Knowing a Copper Reunion is right around the corner.



I'm pausing now and rejoicing. What a great weekend.

2 comments:

ME said...

keep rejoicing, but for goodness sake, post some pictures!!!

ME said...

thanks for the pics. Love that one of you and Colette!!!! hope to see you soon, Friend!!!!!