Sunday, August 29, 2010

Vegas Wedding!

I had the opportunity to head to Las Vegas for the nuptials of... MY OWN SISTER! Indeed, Avid Reader, Laura Moore is MARRIED!

I previously posted that Laura was engaged. And at my cousin Christine's wedding, Laura & I had the following conversation:

"Todd, we're eloping. August 28th. In Las Vegas. Get it on your calendar."
"Eloping? You're not eloping if you give me the date and location of your wedding."
"Yes, we are. We're eloping. To Vegas."
"Laura, if I'm invited, you're not eloping."
"It's in Vegas, so we're eloping."
"Um, are you already married?"
"No."
"Will you be married before August 28th?"
"No. That's when we're getting married."
"Then, you haven't eloped nor will you be eloping. And if people are invited, it's considered a
destination wedding."
"No, it's not. We're eloping. Todd, it's
in Vegas!"
"OK."


So, officially, I went to my sister's elopement! WOO HOO! And Laura Moore is officially married!

It was a charming ceremony at a little place that specializes in these things -- complete with an upstairs chapel that felt like any chapel in any other city in the world. It was awesome to be there -- along with lots of family and a handful of friends. It was touching and calm and real... oh, and at 10:30PM. :) In other words, it was just what it needed to be and now I have a brother-in-law (and a new niece & two nephews) to call family!

Congratulations, Sister.
You mean the world to me.

1 comment:

ME said...

I like how you and Mike tried to upstage the bride by wearing white at HER elopement!

You know I love a Moore family photo!!!

Get together soon????