Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Art Patron


Avid Reader, I've recently been introduced to a wonderful artist from whom I purchased two INCREDIBLE art pieces!

I first noticed Fran Holt's work at my friends' John & Amy Weaver's Belltown condo. There were two pieces in which I fell in love... Turns out, John & Amy had big news for me that night: that they had purchased one of her pieces! In turn, I also reached out to Fran and ended up buying two pieces for my home as well.

One of the things I've decided is that I want to be a more avid supporter of the arts -- both in terms of performance art as well as art for my own home. While aspirational, I've now had the chance to buy art from two local artists and now Fran's work is also in my master bedroom as well as gracing my stairwell (above). I couldn't be more pleased and wanted to ensure you know Fran Holt, too!

No comments: