Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Sake and other MSNjapan Adventures!

Sadly, still no photos. However, many Day One adventures to report!

It was a busy day in the MSN Tokyo office today -- meetings throughout with the various stakeholders in the launch of DRIVE Japan. Interestingly, I thought I would be playing a more passive role to "learn" about the Japan market and to take all of the information in. What I'm learning however, is that my SuperPower of Opinion is working overtime and I'm in the position to advise as well as to deliver. This was the day.

The night however, found us at TORIYOSHI (I think), enjoying conversation and chicken specialties and Kirin and wine and sake. This is where I really reconnected with Hiro (a DRIVE intern in 2004 who now does Ad Planning for MSN Japan) and the team who will be bringing DRIVE to life here in Tokyo. It was an awesome night of traditional Japanese cuisine and conversation and I feel like I'm already a part of the birth of DRIVE here in Tokyo.

My colleague and I also enjoyed a nightcap at the hotel here -- being serenaded by a large Black piano man singing Whitney Houston (I Will Always Love You) and Aretha Franklin hits. Let's just say that I needed more sake in the hotel bar to endure that.

So, Day One a complete success. Business objectives? Being completely met. Seeing Tokyo? Total miss. Totally in-line with expectation. And I look forward to Day Two.

(Another highlight today: reconnecting with BHennigan. I love you, man.)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Japan + Todd Moore = Todd Moore with Superpowers!