Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Disneyland 2008!

To celebrate Week Two of John & Amy's honeymoon, they decided to go to Disneyland. And wouldn't you know, a group of friends went to meet them there as well!


Much like our February 2006 adventure, Danelle Chaddock, John & Amy Weaver (love the sound of "Amy Weaver"!), Jesse & Steph Paulson and I ventured to the Happiest Place on Earth to celebrate life and its milestones (Feb06 was for my move to NYC -- WAIT! We were celebrating me leaving?! d'OH!). This time, of course, we were celebrating John & Amy and were joined by a handful of new faces, including Asa & Tobias, Matt & Janelle, John & Kris... and Jace Paulson!

We enjoyed all the usual suspects, including Space Mountain, Splash Mountain, Pirates, Big Thunder Mountain, Buzz Lightyear AstroBlasters, the Screamer, Hollywood Tower of Terror, and more. We were also wonderfully pleased with the arrival of Finding Nemo and Toy Story Midway Mania -- the latter of which proved to be our RepeatRide of the summer.

Instead of recapping the entire trip, I thought I'd provide some highlights beyond each moment of each day...

- Kick starting the travel adventure with Danelle!
- Airplane Mario Kart!
- Seeing John & Amy!
- John thinking he was tan from a week in Mexico! (um. sorry buddy.)
- Our 3BR suite!
- The view from our 3BR suite!
- Corn dogs!
- Riding Indiana Jones, given that it was open maybe 8% of the time we were there.
- Getting to spend time with my old friend Jeff Mercer!
- Showing Jace the fireworks!
- The WALL of water in Splash Mountain!
- Jace's first character sighting!
- Getting Aladdin & Jasmine to "look every which way"!
- - Princess Aurora still being a fan! That's right -- check out who she's looking at!
- Some pool time!
- Dinner @ Blue Bayou!
- Danelle's SYN championship in the suite vestibule!
- "Danelle, can I have some of your diarrhea?"
- Jesse. Mauling. Nearly. Every. Character!
- The Character Breakfast!
- Ariel.

I'm sure there are 1,000 others, but these are what come top of mind as I review photos and try to remember every moment of the trip. Bottom-line, it was yet another 12 (out of 10) of an adventure and I couldn't have been more thankful to share it with other Disney fans and people that I love.

As I've said more times than I can remember -- there's nothing like Disneyland... you experience the joy of being a kid with the pocketbook of an adult!

p.s. more photos can be found on Exciting Times in the Paulson Family blog!

2 comments:

Meagan Elliot said...

Jeff Mercer?! What the......? and in scrubs. at disneyland. Whaaaaaaaaaat?

Tia said...

Do your Weaver friends have a sister Michele? I had a good friend Michele Weaver in college who was from WA and had two brothers, maybe same names? You mentioned a Judy, is that their mom, because I think her mom was Judy,too. Help me out here, is there any connection?