Monday, August 17, 2009

Great Day in Duvall!

I had the opportuntiy to spend this past sunny Sunday with my dear friends of the 80s, 90s through today on a Great Day in Duvall! Erin "Ed" Wirtz hauled her rig to Seattle for her annual weekend with Meagan. This year, I got to take part as we brunched at the Duvall Grill, checked out the local charming book shoppe (Duvall Books), shopped at Ed's "Business in a Box" (Ed's Handmade), and caught up. I hadn't seen Erin in ~four years and it's always grand to hang out with Meagan.

Sadly, Ed had to leave us to see another friend and trek back to PDX, but I hung around, watched hummingbirds and got some great color just enjoying time with my dear friend in the quiet of her Duvall backyard sanctuary. I also got to bring home some garden treasures, including a chocolate cherry tomato, golden beet, and choke cherry jam. Brilliant.

Oh, how I wish every day was a sunny Sunday in Duvall!

1 comment:

Meagan Elliot said...

What a delightful blog post!!! Thanks for a special day, Friend. xoxo!!!

PS my work email is elliotm@issaquah.wednet.edu