Thursday, February 4, 2010

Guess what?! More adventures!

Another great day in the Grenadines.
Another great day in the sun!

It was certainly both of those things, but you will be proud to know that I didn't spend it on a beach chair. At least not the full day! Thankfully, I was lights out by 10PM last night and slept until 7:30 this morning. Our long day at the Tobago Cays wiped me out -- as it did many in our party.

After breakfast, I pimped my ride all over the resort to try to catch some of the beauty that is Raffles Canouan on my own film. In all honesty, it's A) not possible and B) I'm still learning the fine art of camera settings and lighting. However, I did have a great time with self-photography sessions -- some or all of which I'm happy to share. In short, my morning was a stunning hoot.

I spent the afternoon with the gang, including Michelle & Joe as well as Sarah & Rachel -- who were probably the most awesome (Sarah made me say this, but still, she's not too far off) -- at the resort's second beach where we enjoyed adult beverages, snacks, and more snorkeling close to this bay's reef. It may have been the best pure snorkeling of the entire trip as it was filled with more reefs and therefore more action including fish schools... and sting rays!

We enjoyed a all-you-can-eat beach BBQ tonight and were once again entertained my Deridee's vocals. HOWEVER, this time, yours truly requested a little George Michael. Not only did she deliver, she chose George's 'Knew You Were Waiting' duet with Aretha Franklin. And she needed a George. And I just happened to take the part! YES! I sang (poorly) to the entire beach with the one and only Deridee. No one defriended me after the performance, so I'm calling it a success! That and the dance party that followed as we all had yet another great meal and great time.

I'm going to bed tonight realizing that my seven (7) nights here on Canouan Island and at this resort are down to two (2). I'm not excited to leave, though I am excited to see my little girl Copper again; I miss her so. True to the mission, however, I will ensure I have the best tan possible so she knows I worked my butt off down here. Vacation? Hardly!

No comments: