Friday, February 5, 2010

Les Jeux Sont Faits.

Or as they say in France, "The Game is Up". Alas, Avid Reader, I am writing to you for the last time from one of the most amazing places I have had the opportunity to visit. I continue to count my lucky stars (as well as the hundreds of thousands we've seen here this week) and wish this place upon you at some point in your story as well. What a week. And more specifically, what a day. Again.

The day started as every one has with an amazing breakfast (I will forever remember the french toast), reading on the lounge chair on my patio overlooking the beach and bay, and not worrying about the Master Plan for the day. Of course, I had to do something and it included heading to Godahl beach to enjoy more of my book, the sun, and friends. Mission accomplished.

But Avid Reader, today's big activity included The Adventure of a Lifetime: Raffles' Amrita Spa's Balance Touch Therapy Massage. The best part? Getting it in their exclusive sea palapa! That's right! Saskia & I threw the co-worker label to the wind and booked a couple's package that included massages for two over the water! Nekkid co-worker? OK! Big deal!* It was an awesome massage, but more of an awesome overall experience. I won't soon forget it. If ever. Just sayin'.


(*For the record -- and because this is a PG-13 blog -- no nekkidness was actually witnessed during said adventure. And yes, Saskia would kill me without this little disclaimer.)

After our massages, we raced back to our villas then joined some of the final folks left here on Canouan (the majority of our large group left this morning) to hit the amazing golf course's 13th hole with 360 views around the entire island. We enjoyed adult beverages, jump photography and one of the most amazing sunsets I've had the joy of beholding. We rounded out our evening at the resort-hosted happy hour and finished up the night at Chez Galbraith Sisters for more views, beverages, stories and laughter.

Avid Reader, this trip has been one of the most amazing in all of my travels. A highlight for sure on the things I'll star for 2010 and beyond. Of course, I wish you were here for the adventure with me, yet will remain thankful that it's made real because I can share it with you here. As I say farewell to Canouan Island, I will also to you... until my next adventure... planned or no!

No comments: