Friday, May 9, 2008

Sayonara Shinuku!

Hello Avid Reader! I'm enjoying my last night in downtown Tokyo by... packing! I'm about to say farewell to the hotel room I've called home for the past 1.5 weeks. I will miss you, 2025!

It's been a fairly uneventful week as I've tried to embrace a bit of the normal life, pretending I fit in to this amazing city and culture. I enjoyed a couple nights of walking around Shinjuku and various neighborhoods around work. The Microsoft Rich media team was in town Thursday, so I was able to enjoy dinner and dialogue with fellow Seattle-ites.

I will either have an adventure of a lifetime to report tomorrow else I'll be off-blog until I safely land in the UK. Tomorrow, Avid Reader, tomorrow I am off to Disneyland Tokyo!

Sadly, the day calls for rain (and lots of it), but I'm itching for some Disney magic and look forward to a little Japanese Americana!

1 comment:

Musings of a Mad Hatter said...

See I do read, I just don't always say anything. Can I get a voicemail recording of the beginning of It's a Small World from Tokyo Disneyland? Do you know Disney has to pay a fee to the Japanese gov't to be allowed to show Mickey's hands? Apparently four fingers implies something not nice.