Friday, May 2, 2008

Tokyo Trapse

Don't be fooled by the guy under the bridge offering directions! This is what I said to myself as I decided on the way to the subway that I would save Microsoft the $2.60 subway fare and walk back to my hotel. Uncle Bill loves me!

Indeed, I up and walked from Akasaka to Shinjuku. Having seen the relevant skyscrapers in the distance out of the work office this afternoon, I thought it might take an hour and would be a great way to see the city. I write to you now being both wrong and right. The trapse in total took about 100 minute, but I did weave in & out of an amazing number of alleys, caught some awesome shops and storefronts, saw things you might only see in Japan, and thought of my friend Meagan (not exact, I know, but I was dying all the same!).

It's now officially the weekend -- WOO HOO! I've got lots of work to do, but a good planner always knows when to balance work and adventure! Here we go...!

2 comments:

lgoode said...

the Hello Kitty car is CLASSIC.

Meagan Elliot said...

Almost puricula! Soooo close. Keep an eye skinned!