Thursday, May 1, 2008

A Day in the Life.

I've decided to slow things down. After retiring somewhat early my last night in Seoul and after crashing HARD last night back here in Tokyo at 9PM, I've realized that the hermit in me is slowly gnashing his teeth. As such, I don't many adventures to report over the course of the past two days, but feel I need to connect all the same... if not for your sake, Avid Reader, then for my own.

Today was a busy work day, starting with an early AM conference call, and with more meetings and several fires to extinguish throughout the day. I enjoyed lunch with my colleague June Morishita at a little Italian place in Akasaka, the amazing neighborhood near our office. I left the office just after 7PM and it was already dark. I'm not quite sure I understand how that works, but it was certainly the dead of night. I tried to see the shrine across the street as my evening adventure, but it was already closed so I made my way to the subway and back to my temp-home in Shinjuku.

Wonderfully, my laundry sent in this morning was wrapped neatly on the bed (so neatly, I feel I want to send stuff away every day now!) or hanging starched in the closet. Not even in NYC did I send my laundry out; this truly was a guilty little pleasure and I'll do it every time now! Who needs four-week packing when you can get neat little bundles of joy delivered to your room?!

With the weekend coming up, more adventures loom. In the meantime, I'm embracing some normalcy as I've got 10 more days in Tokyo! My best to you, Avid Reader!

No comments: