Saturday, November 22, 2008

North! North to Alaska!

Go North -- the rush is ON!

Indeed, Avid Reader, the rush is on to Ludvig's Bistro in Sitka, Alaska! My dear friend Colette Nelson opened an amazing restaurant in this seaside town and I'm here enjoying a long weekend altogether with Colette and my friend Meagan Elliot.

Meagan & I arrived -- bumpily -- last night to an awaiting Ludvig's Bistro van -- with keys inside, of course -- and whisked ourselves into Sitka and into the World o' Colette. We sat at the bar with magically refilled glasses of Prosecco and countless amazing dishes coming at us from the kitchen. We met Colette's team, experienced her reality, and felt right at home in the Bistro and her home directly above. Amazingly, Avid Reader, there was no need to catch up. Updates throughout the night were all that we needed to fill in the blanks of the past many years.

Today, we slept in, enjoyed conversation and coffee, and drove a bit around the town. We met "The Frog" -- Colette's sailboat -- and many of the resident eagles. We stopped at a fish hatchery and quickly enjoyed Totem Park before having to get Colette back to the restaurant for tonight's prep. Meagan and I enjoyed trapsing around downtown in local shops, including the local bookstore, as well as the Roman Orthodox Church and the Father's stories. I particularly enjoyed Meagan's inspired Sarah Palin voice all day long. It never gets old... well, now that she's no where near the Presidency does it ever get old. To be clear.

At times this afternoon, we also enjoyed conversing by song. And when I say song, I really mean any words sung to the tune of A-HA's 'Take On Me'. I'm sure that will relive itself throughout the weekend. Meagan is now upstairs showering as we prepare for another incredible meal downstairs in the restaurant. Me, well, I'm sharing adventures with you, Avid Reader, and look forward to sharing oh so many more from Sitka, Alassssska!

No comments: