Friday, November 28, 2008

Thankful.

For the first time in literally a month, I woke up on a Saturday(-like) morning in my own bed without a suitcase to pack nor a plane to whisk me away someplace exotic like Mumbai [please say silent prayer for Mumbai], Hong Kong, Seoul, or Sitka. The adventure of a lazy day at home brought me as much joy in its anticipation as has being able to see the world.

I read the paper, enjoyed home-brewed coffee, did two crossword puzzles, talked to my family, watched football, cleaned up the fallen leaves that had buried my patio oasis, dug out the Christmas decorations (discovered old treasures in the process!), watched RENT: The Movie -- the second time with commentary, put up my beautiful tree, and enjoyed online banter with friends.

I am thankful. Thankful for having some down time. Thankful for having had an amazing year of travel adventures and the best memories of the trips captured here. Thankful that you're along for the ride with me.

Happy Thanksgiving, Avid Reader!
And Happy Holidays to come!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Your tree is a vision. And the lights are perfectly spaced, too--not an easy feat. I'm glad you're enjoying some down time. xoxo, Friend.
Meg