Sunday, November 16, 2008

Me Time

Avid Reader, as you may know, I'm someone who needs Me Time. And by that I mean I need down time. I need time to relax and time to waste. I did that today and am already feeling somewhat renewed from the crazy past few weeks.

After a long morning nap and lounging in my room, I went to the nearby COEX Mall, caught lunch and Quantum of Solace. Um... awesome! What was also awesome was the fact that I was also able to select the exact seat I wanted in the theater! By the time I got through the ticket queue, I knew how many and where seats were left for the 3PM and 3:30PM showtimes. I opted for the latter and secured K-13 -- middle seat, ~3/4 of the way back (solo movie goers can score in this system!). Based on reserved seat and on the film, it was a win-win altogether!

After -- and given that the Korean Won is weak against the dollar -- I did my duty to spur the global economy. (I was in a mall afterall; what's a guy to do?) UNIQLO was present and I scored some warm inexpensively fashionable necessesities... it's supposed to be cold Tuesday & Wednesday. Such a strange trip to go from the 90s of India to the 30s of Korea. How was I supposed to have packed for this?!

And finally, I made a point of getting back to the hotel soon after my mall adventure to take advantage of this amazing room and its soaking tub. And, oh, did I ever! I assembled my relaxation tool kit: a good magazine, a favorite play list, an adult beverage; a steaming hot bath later, and I'm now ready for a great week in the Seoul office!

1 comment:

Meagan Elliot said...

I'm here, Friend. I've been here all along...no worries! And in only 4 days, we'll be dining at Ludvig's!!!!! Give me a call when you get home, and thanks for sharing your adventures.
Meg