Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Crouch, Idaho

Greetings from Tokyo! I write not to talk about my Asian adventures to date (arrived tonight, enjoyed dinner with senior leaders from Greater Asia region, but specifically an Aussie from Sydney and a Brit from Hong Kong), but to recap you on the past week in my crazy travels! This time, Avid Reader, the recap comes to you via Crouch, Idaho!

I enjoyed a couple of days off and visited my parents and extended family in Boise before heading to my parents' beautiful cabin in Idaho's Garden Valley. The Weavers also made their way to Crouch and we enjoyed three peaceful (and Captain & barnyard-filled) nights in the middle of nowhere.

Oh, but that's what I thought. Turns out, the middle of nowhere also includes the Longhorn restaurant and the Dirty Shame Saloon! Both of which we enjoyed, along with walks through the "neighborhood" as well as tons of time with Tucker, who may be the best dog in the whole world.

Lots of comptetive cards, movies, and a whole lot of nothing later, and I'm now sitting in my hotel room in Tokyo getting ready for 10 days of in-market adventures. It's the first time I've been back since before Thanksgiving... and I've actually missed this place!

1 comment:

Meagan Elliot said...

I'm glad you had fun in Idaho! It was good talking to you pre-cabin. Who knew your parents' cabin was so lovely? Not I--wow! Enjoy Japan and eat some okonomiyaki for moi.