Tuesday, February 10, 2009

K1 Speedway!

My new GM hosted our first Team Offsite today whereby we spent most of the morning mapping through our new organization, spelling out accountabilities, and preparing to tackle the rest of the fiscal year. After lunch, however, we were able to do what every team needs: Morale Event!

We hit K1 Speedway in Redmond and tried to outgun one another. I wasn't as successful as I would have liked; let's just say I needed to have changed my strategy to optimize for control vs. fast hairpin turns. It was a kick in the pants altogether, however, and it was just what a forming group needed: something to talk about.

And my team will be talking about it for a long time as my direct teammates all appeared on the winner's podium (Jen, Grand Champion; our Boss Brian, 2nd Overall; and Saskia, 2nd in the Consolation Bracket)!

No comments: