Saturday, February 21, 2009

Disney Sea!

It was just a typical Saturday in Asia... except that I spent it at Tokyo's DISNEY SEA!!!

Indeed, Avid Reader, I woke up this morning, caught the 7:30 hotel shuttle to Shinagawa Station to catch a train to Tokyo Station to catch a train to Maihama Station to catch the Disney Resort Line train to Disney Sea! The second of two parks in Tokyo, I wasn't able to go the last time I was here, though had a ticket to use... and did I ever!

I arrived shortly after the park opened, had an incredible day altogether -- made even more perfect by the ability to share the adventure with friends/Disney friends from afar (via the magic of text messaging and international cell phones) -- and am now so many more memories richer because of it. As with any Disney adventure, I start with the question, "Where do I begin?!", so am just going to...

- I nearly didn't get in! The ticket I bought in May 2008, though with an expiry in May 2009, set off a number of alarms when I tried to get in this morning. A trek back to the ticket line to exchange the old ticket (along wtih 200 JPY) and I was good to go!
- First Ride: 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea. Brilliant. (Do I admit that I QuIM'd throughout the entire ride? Check out a newly uploaded videhere to see what I saw!)
- Indiana Jones promised a 110 minute wait. Liars! It took 120 exactly. And OH SO worth it!
- FastPass'ed Journey to the Center of the Earth. The best ride in the park, bar none. OK, unless you consider the following a ride...
- Seeing Ariel again."You're far from home", I started. She was all coy... 'You are too! Where are you from?" "Seattle," I said. "And you?" "Under the Sea." I know she wanted to reach out an hug me.
- Her Dad's Kingdom was pretty darn awesome. I would have given a fin to have been able to ride the jellyfish.
- I think I may have witnessed the most amazing Disney spectacle of all in The Legend of Mythica. Kite-flying Ski-doos, decorated barges that would have put any Rose Parade float to shame, amazing costumes galore, and Disney staples... what more could a Disney fan ask for?!

I have to admit that I petered out before evening fireworks. I'll chalk it up to a requirement for another visit. In the meantime, however, what an awesome day. Capped with an amazing Chinese food dinner here in the hotel with Entertaining Aussie Stephen Dolan. And now, Avid Reader, off to Korea tomorrow for a week of meetings in Seoul!

Tokyo and your Disney Sea, I love you!

3 comments:

Jesse Paulson said...

The real question is.... did you get a good squeeze on Chip and Dale for me???

Tia said...

I never knew there even was such a thing as Disney Sea. Thanks for the tales. I forgot all about QuIMing,too! :O)

Unknown said...

What amazing pictures! It looks like you had a glorious sunny day..much better than the rainy trip last time! I can't wait to hear more about the trip!