Saturday, February 7, 2009

Re-Org.


As the world well knows, Avid Reader, Microsoft laid off ~1,400 employees within the past two weeks, with 3,600 more pink slips to come. I won't say my future is secure (whose is, really?), but I can say that I was re-org'd TWICE in the past two weeks. Good times!

Short story: the breadth and depth of what I do are both significantly increasing. If you consider my DRIVE launches as fulfilling two components within the many of Microsoft's online advertising business, my responsibilities expanded to four areas of the business this week (Network Reserved, Auctions, Search, Content Ads). And if you consider that I was working in Japan and Korea (and some India) before, my countries of responsibility also expanded to all of Greater Asia Pacific (Australia, Japan, Korea, India, China, Russia, Thailand, Taiwan, Malaysia, Philippines, Indonesia, Singapore, & Hong Kong).

Oh, and I'm likely the Microsoft Media Network Product Manager for France, too. Can you say, "Todd Moore Takes Paree?"! WOO HOO!

2 comments:

toddderrick said...

It's just me, Avid Reader. Writing to say that I'll be headed to Asia again for ~2 weeks come mid-February. More frequent blog posts will surely follow!

Meagan Elliot said...

I realize in these tough economic times it's unlikely, but if you are ever allowed to take your "wife" on these trips abroad...