Tuesday, November 24, 2009

The primary reason for this trip was to meet with stakeholders on the EMEA (Europe, Middle East & Africa), UK and France Media Network businesses in addition to attending the MMN EMEA Summit this week.

Of course, summits mean all-day meetings and drinking/dining adventures after. This one was no exception. We took over the private room of The Fenix nearby the London office and had a great time connecting with people from around Europe, including from Spain, France, Belgium, Norway, Netherlands, Germany, Sweden, Scotland, Italy, and of course, the UK. Of course, the evening turned into more drinking, less dining and some dancing!

I continue to be amazed that the little business I helped to launch in 2003 is now the core of Microsoft's online display advertising strategy and that it's truly global. In light of the fact that I can't show anyone anything specific about what I do -- I build nothing; create nothing -- I'm reassured in that I created a sustainable business. This pleases me so.

No comments: