Wednesday, November 18, 2009

'Tis the Season!

One of the things I'm excited about being in these two amazing cities over the course of the next week or so is the fact that 'tis the retail season! Christmas marketing is in full swing; department store windows compete for attention. London is no exception and I got my own personal tour this morning as I took an early morning stroll.

Fun, this year marks the 70th anniversary of 'The Wizard of Oz' and Harrod's is taking advantage by dressing their holiday displays in emerald and gold. In an haute couture homage to all things Oz, Dorothy was draped in a modern take on gingham, the Tin Man sparkled, and the Lion donned a COURAGE belt. Something for everyone, I appreciated the Munchkin interpretation as well as the use of Cesar (aka Toto) to promote even the pet section of Harrod's. Brilliant!

No comments: