Sunday, November 15, 2009

The Amazing Race

Because of a Rookie Travel Mistake, I experienced a bit of an Amazing Race this past week. Completely reliant on All-Star teammates, my leg was a race through Sea-Tac airport onto a departing flight...

Amy Weaver saved my proverbial butt this weekend as I realized I forgot my laptop at home after checking in for my flight to London on Sunday. She raced from her Belltown home north to Licton Springs, onto I-5, over to Hi-99, through downtown, to the airport to deliver my laptop to a frantic desk agent who raced my laptop to me past the first security checkpoint. After which, I raced through security, onto the S-gate shuttle, and into my economy class seat bound to London with only moments to spare! It was the most adrenaline-inducing airport adventure I've had in my life.

And yes, I would team with Amy Weaver on the Amazing Race ANYTIME! I tell you what, Avid Reader, my friend totally delivered, literally and figuratively! THANK YOU, Amy!

No comments: