Friday, July 4, 2008

Happy Birthday, USA!

Happy Fourth! Not that I got to celebrate America's independence here in Australia -- what gives anyway?! However, another outstanding day here in Sydney -- this time in the dead of winter for sure: it rained! Curses! Solid day at the office; got a lot done and beat Stephen Dolan at ping pong again.

After, and as advertised, I ventured back to Balmain with Sarah such as to enjoy La Boheme. Before dinner, however, we stopped by Sarah & Johnathan's apartment, then ventured down to Balmain Park such that I could get a glimpse of the Sydney Harbor and its nighttime beauty. And was it ever beautiful. Sydney truly is a stunning city. I got a few shots of the harbor that didn't turn out (see left) and enjoyed a nearby anchor and subsequent photo ops.

Johnathan joined us for a pint at a local pub, then we ventured up the street to La Boheme. Very Czech cuisine despite its French name. Very slow service despite all the servers. Very hilarious "live music"... a gentleman singing to his iPod Nano which had innumerable karaoke hits on it, including hits from Neil Diamond, Kenny Rogers, and the Bee Gee's!

A low key night altogether, but a good thing as I'm on Day Two -- and Day Two always means my hardest relative to jet lag. I'm pooped. And I have to get ready for a day of adventure tomorrow! So, happy long weekends to you, Avid Reader! Happy Birthday America!

No comments: