Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Update

Dear Avid Reader,

I realize you may be utterly stunned and confused by that last post. You may be thinking to yourself, "Self, what is Walsh? Who is Liam? And what in the world is a whinjing girlie?" If any of those questions crossed your mind, then you are wonderfully inquisitive and will be duly rewarded.

Short story, I am learning all kinds of good language differences here in Sydney, my favorites to date being "useless" (always was a fave when said by an Aussie), "budgie smuggler", "bugger" & its cousin, "bugger off", and "whinjing". The latter is a favorite of my colleague Liam Walsh who daily challenges me to use what I've learned. In return, he's mastered his ability to say "Hey Todd", but more like "Hey, T-aah-d" like it should be pronounced.

On the update front, not so much news to report. As for a brief update:

Monday -- Japanese colleagues arrived. Long work day. Dined at Nick's, a seafood restaurant on Cockle Bay Wharf.

Tuesday -- Full work day. Dinner at Rockpool in The Rocks with DRIVE Sales team and clients from Starcom Media.

Tonight -- Full work day. Dinner with Japan colleagues and DRIVE/Amnesia (AARF Australia) at Pony Lounge in The Rocks.

I'm back at the hotel now -- just having had to log on to finish up some work for the day, but wanted to provide some background on the last post as well as a quick, picture-free update.

I hope you're well!

Todd

p.s. my return to the states may be delayed. I was due to fly back to Seattle on Saturday, 7/12, but I may instead have to go to Tokyo for a couple of days. I'll know tomorrow and make the call!

1 comment:

Musings of a Mad Hatter said...

Far more eating out than working I see. Such a rough life you lead, sailor.