Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Happy Feet

No photos to post with this entry, Avid Reader. Just close your eyes and imagine... WAIT! That was a trick! How can you imagine what I'm about to tell you if you can't read what I'm about to tell you?! (I'm so clever!)

So, after an incredible Nepalese dinner this evening in SOHO, my colleague introduced me to Happy Feet -- a company that specializes in foot massage. Or, in other words, a company that specializes in a dream come true.

Sarah orders the 50min. foot massage. I order the pedicure. Now you might think this sounds all frou-frou, but when you see the razor sticks shaving off dead skin, you know otherwise! This, Avid Reader, is MAN-STYLE! Even more man-style is this vision based on Sarah's comments watching this all go down: "it looks like he's grating parmesan cheese!"!

Indeed, this evening's adventure included the banned-in-the-US process of shaving dead skin off the toes, balls and heels of the feet with the razor-sharp equivalent of a flathead screwdriver, not to mention diving the razors into the sides of the toe nails/beds themselves. Having two pretty gnarled big toes, I gave my pedicurist/dream-maker an awesome challenge -- and he met it! Not only do my feet look like fresh feet of a newborn baby, they feel even better!

I may have just walked out of the 11th floor window for all that it mattered because I feel like I'm now walking on air! Oh how I love Happy Feet!

No comments: