Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Night Safari

Our Forced Fun activity (morale event) @ the Regional Kick-Off Event was an adventure at Singapore’s Night Safari. The first night safari in the world, we enjoyed catching some of the world’s most amazing creatures in their natural habitats and when they’re likely to be awake!

We Happy Hour'd with rare African cattle. I saw my first rhinoceros, first tapirs (the butt of one which was patted by my Japanese colleague!), and more types of deer than I thought possible – and all of which I inadvertently imagined shoulder-mounted in my parents cabin (Don’t judge; them’s my roots.).

Before the safari, we enjoyed an incredible meal, and some local entertainment, including traditional Singaporean and Indian dancers. They were awesome to watch – and invited photography after. One guess as to who was first up!

Our tour guide then guided us to our trams and we were immediately thrown into habitat after habitat – sometimes in the midst of a habitat that was “fenced” by cattle guards. My favorite habitat was that of the hyena on one side of the hill, with a deer (assortment X) habitat on the lower, seemingly separated only by the tram road. Hello Temptation Island!

I didn’t get many great photos as I’m still camera illiterate for the most part. But the images and adventure will be forever cemented in my mind. And the photo captions there will read: “AWESOME.”

No comments: