Thursday, September 17, 2009

SUPER SMALL WORLD!

While out on the town today with my friend Justin, we went to the Raffles Hotel to see some of the true colonial architecture as well as to hit the Long Bar and enjoy Singapore Slings where the drink was born. In so doing, I ran into a familiar face from the Seattle volleyball community who had moved from Seattle nearly five years ago!

As I searched for the bathroom, I passed her once, twice (found it!), and on the third pass, broke the ice: "Excuse me. I think I know you. From Seattle? Played on SuperFriends? Tina, right?" Brilliant! She's just starting a two-month trek through SE Asia. Crazy enough, I only knew Tina from the volleyball court -- as an awesome player on one of the best teams @JetCity (and our biggest rival) -- but with the craziness of seeing her today, it was like we were old friends reconnecting after years apart. Awesome. Just awesome.

After seeing Sarah McGovern randomly in a restaurant I walked by in Hong Kong, seeing Cheryl Lee from the UW MBA Class of 2001 in the lobby of the Microsoft Singapore office, and then seeing Tina Churchill at the Raffles Hotel, I have officially decided (again) that the World is Small.

And I love that!

Cheers from Singapore!

2 comments:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Meagan Elliot said...

The picture of you at the bar is vERy flattering! Looks like you have had amazing adventures, friend. Give me a call when you get home...xoxo Meg